Excellence in Editing Award
The 2021 EIE Award Winners will be announced on May 14, 2021.
The 2022 EIE Award contest opens on June 1, 2021!
It takes a team to produce a well-written and well-edited book! And because the Christian Editor Connection wants to honor the teams behind such books, we are proud to announce our sixth annual Excellence in Editing Award.
This award celebrates newly released books that are superbly written, well edited, and published by a Christian publisher or self-published by a Christian author.
The CEC Excellence in Editing Award is open to books published in hardcover or paperback in 2020. Books must be written in English, have been released in North America, and contain a Christian worldview.
The publication teams (authors, editors, publishers) behind the EIE award-winning books will be honored for their dedication and work and may mention this honor in their marketing, promotion, and publicity. The most valuable aspect of the award is its use as a book sales stimulator.
Judging will be based on organization of content, flow, clarity, tight writing, accuracy, consistency, lack of typos, and proper use of industry-standard guidelines for punctuation, usage, grammar, and spelling. Our judging panel includes CEC members in good standing who are established, professional freelance editors currently working in the Christian publishing industry. (Editors will not be allowed to judge any books they have worked on or any books written by authors they have worked with.) Ghostwritten books are not eligible.
FINALISTS and WINNERS
EIE Award Finalists will be announced in April on the CEC website and Facebook page. In addition to being named as Finalists, team members (author, editor, and publisher) will each receive a Finalist award emblem in recognition of their achievement and to use on the book and in their promotions.
EIE Award Winners will be announced live during the PEN Conference (PENCON) in May, then via the CEC website and Facebook page. Winning team members will each receive printed certificates and digital EIE Winner emblems. Authors will get emblem stickers as well. CEC will recognize each of the winning authors and editors with an engraved plaque, and they may each select one of the following prizes from the Christian Editor Network:
- free entry in the 2022 EIE Award contest
- free membership in the Christian PEN
- free qualifying membership in the Christian Editor Connection
- one free webinar, lesson pack, or course from the PEN Institute
Editors, authors, agents, and publishers may submit more than one book, in the same genres or different ones, but an entry fee is charged for each book entered. A pdf of the book must be submitted (not an ebook) along with a pdf or jpg of its front and back covers.
Do not send marketing kits, reviews, or other supporting material, as our judges are not allowed to see anything but the book itself.
By entering this contest, the author, agent, or publisher asserts that he or she agrees with the Statement of Faith on the Christian Editor Connection website.
- All entries must be received by midnight, December 31, 2020.
- Complete the entry form.
- Attach a pdf of your book and a png or jpg of its front and covers OR email these to admin@ChristianEditor.com.
- Pay the entry fee: Non-Members $45 or Members $45. Entry fees must be paid via PayPal (US currency only) within 10 business days of submitting the entry.
- Entries will be confirmed via email.
- Finalists will be announced via social media in April 2021, then notified by email and posted on the CEC website. Winners will be announced in May at PENCON and via social media, then notified by email and posted on the CEC website.
Please contact us with any questions.