Excellence in Editing Award
It takes a team to produce a well-written and well-edited book! And because the Christian Editor Connection wants to honor the teams behind such books, we are proud to announce our third annual Excellence in Editing Award.
This award celebrates newly released books that are superbly written, well edited, and published by a CBA publisher or self-published by a Christian author.
The CEC Excellence in Editing Award is open to all books published in hardcover or paperback in 2017. Books must be written in English, have been released in North America, and contain a Christian worldview.
The publication teams (authors, editors, publishers) behind the EIE award-winning books will be honored for their dedication and work and may mention this honor in their marketing, promotion, and publicity. The most valuable aspect of the award is its use as a book sales stimulator.
Judging will be based on organization of content, flow, clarity, tight writing, accuracy, consistency, lack of typos, and proper use of industry-standard guidelines for punctuation, usage, grammar, and spelling. Our judging panel includes CEC members in good standing who are established, professional freelance editors currently working in the Christian publishing industry. (Editors will not be allowed to judge any books they have worked on or any books written by authors they have worked with.) Ghostwritten books are not eligible.
Editors, authors, agents, and publishers may submit more than one book, in the same categories or different ones, but an entry fee is charged for each book entered. A pdf of the book must be submitted (not an ebook). If entries are selected as finalists, then a print book will be required for the final reviewing process.
All books submitted will become the property of CEC. Do not send any marketing kits, reviews, or any other supporting material, as our judges are not allowed to see anything but the book itself.
By entering this contest, the author, agent, or publisher assert that he or she agrees with the Statement of Faith on the Christian Editor Connection website.
- Complete the entry form (available here).
- Submit a pdf of the book to Coordinator@ChristianEditor.com.
- An entry fee of $30 (US currency only) must be paid via PayPal, using the link https://www.paypal.me/christianeditor/30. The entry fee for submissions received after November 15 will be $35 and must be paid via PayPal, using the link https://www.paypal.me/christianeditor/35.
- All entries must be received by December 31, 2017.
- All entries will be confirmed via email.
- Finalists will be announced at PENCON on May 5, 2018, then notified by email and posted on the CEC website. Winners will be announced in June via social media.
Please contact us with any questions.