Excellence in Editing Award
The Christian Editor Connection is proud to announce its third annual Excellence in Editing Award. This award celebrates newly released books that are superbly written, well edited, and published by a CBA publisher or self-published by a Christian author.
The CEC Excellence in Editing Award is open to all books published in hardcover or paperback in 2017. Books must be written in English, have been released in North America, and contain a Christian worldview. Fiction and nonfiction genres will be accepted.
Judging will be based on organization of content, flow, clarity, tight writing, accuracy, consistency, lack of typos, and proper use of industry-standard guidelines for punctuation, usage, grammar, and spelling. Our judging panel includes CEC members in good standing who are established, professional freelance editors currently working in the Christian publishing industry. (Editors will not be allowed to judge any books they have worked on or any books written by authors they have worked with.) Ghostwritten books are not eligible.
Winners of the CEC Excellence in Editing Award may mention this honor in their marketing, promotion, and publicity. The most valuable aspect of the award is its use as a book sales stimulator.
Editors, authors, agents, and publishers may submit more than one book, in the same categories or different ones, but an entry fee is charged for each book entered. You must submit two print copies of each title or an electronic file (electronic files are preferred).
All books submitted will become the property of CEC. Do not send any marketing kits, reviews, or any other supporting material, as our judges are not allowed to see anything but the book itself.
By entering this contest, the author, agent, or publisher assert that he or she agrees with the Statement of Faith on the Christian Editor Connection website.
- Complete the entry form (available here).
- Mail two copies of the book to EIE Award, 11161 E. SR 70, Suite 110–205, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34211 OR e-mail an electronic copy to Coordinator@ChristianEditor.com.
- Entrance fee of $30.00 (US currency only) must be paid via PayPal, using the link https://www.paypal.me/christianeditor/30.
- All entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2017.
- All entries will be confirmed via e-mail.
- Finalists will be announced on April 1, 2018, then notified by e-mail and posted on the CEC website.
Please contact us with any questions.